Bananas are one of the world's most appealing fruits. In the United States, each person eats 11.4 lbs. of bananas per year, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, making it Americans' favorite fresh fruit.
- A wide variety of health benefits are associated with curvy yellow fruit. Bananas are high in potassium and pectin, a form of fiber.
- Bananas are known to reduce swelling, protect against developing Type 2 diabetes, aid in weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to the high level of vitamin B6 that bananas contain.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, which can provide protection from free radicals, which we come into contact with every day, from the sunlight to the lotion you put on your skin.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.